Class 15 Final Class!!! Darth Vader, Vampires, and Tiny Penny Man!
I have taught my students well. Only one kid choose to make the Demonstration Dog. The rest created … I think best if I describe them individually.
- Purple Striped Owl with fork feet holding a rose
- Vampire with his bloody rib cage laying next to him
- From Boy Ranger — towering something?????
- Darth Vader’s mask
- Orange Owl watching TV while relaxing by the pool
- Little Bunny/Dog
- Bookish Caterpillar
- Little Bunny/Dogs on a farm with some food and a barbell nearby for lifting if they escape from their pen
- AND … TINY PENNY MAN!
At one point the kids were busy, drawing and putting things together when they all broke out in song (Best Song Ever, 1D). I was in a mild state of euphoria (was it the glue gun or the song?) and did not want the class to end.
I have learned that six and seven year olds are equal parts bewitching and beguiling, transforming toilet paper rolls and wine corks into something cute and clever is immensely satisfying, and if you need to patch a little hole in the wall, you can use Liquid Paper.